Thursday, December 6, 2007

Sunflower. for my friend Lisa

Keep looking to the light,
And shine so bright.

Receive the love from the one above,
Let it show with your face of gold.

Sway with the wind but never give in,
To the driving urge to bend.

Stand up straight with no disgrace,
And let your beauty show with words untold.

I know what you hold,
In that chest hidden within you a love so strong it overwhelms you.

Let the sun shine on you,
And run right through.

Stand strong when all seems to,
Crumble around you.

You’re my sunflower of light,
With you everything looks bright.

So shine in the day, and shine at night,
Shine your light when all else seems black.

You brighten my life,
When you were the only thing that lacked.

So shine your life my sunflower of light,
Shine you light.

No comments: