Thursday, December 6, 2007

pushing the botton

Pushing a button,
to turn it off.

Is a motion,
most people don't give much thought.

But pushing the button,
on you, my love,

is the hardest thing I've ever done.

There's a sadness in my voice,
a heaviness on my heart.

As my finger slowly presses down,
and suddenly, like a cut, your gone.

and my time with you,
no more.

Sleep will not come,
the pain for me is to great.

I pushed to button on you,
and now it's to late.

I can't take back,
what I've done.

My anger and sorrow grow,
more with time.

"It's a foolish thing" some people say,
"to shed a tear over something so lame".

But it's not,
when it's the person you love.

the one that’s as gentle as a dove.

Is gone forever,
and only left you her spirit.

I could have waited a little longer,
I didn't have it go right then.

But you gone,
and I'm left with nothing but a memories.

All because I listened to your plea,
and pushed the stupid button.

No comments: