Friday, December 7, 2007

The Escapists

What I live in is a fantasy
Just a place for you and me
Far away in the wood
Just a place for you and me.

Barely lit by the sun
A plaintiff of green
A secret 'neath the hedge
This randevouz unseen.

We'll run 'tween the trees
And rest in the shades
We'll kiss endlessly
Where the waterfall cascades.

At night we'll build a bonfire
And sing and chant and dance
Time just doesn't exist
In our ecstatic romance.

When the morning dawns
And the smoke has died
I turn to smile at you
Sleeping by my side.

But all I see is my old bed
And reality descends
Yet in my mind i hear you say-Let's run away again.

Terri Koltes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was very provocative to read.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]